It’s almost official, Redmi 3 is here, the successor of popular Redmi series. Beleive it or not Xiaomi redefined the way how low budget phones segment in the market.Redmi 1s, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime are Xiaomi’s most popular pocket friendly phones. With the launch of Redmi 3, Xiaomi is again creating a way of change. The most noticeable change you will notice on Redmi 3 is the beautiful metal body with diamond patterns. This a huge change from earlier designs which were completely made out of plastic.
Without wasting more time, lets check the specification and features of the all new Xiaomi Redmi 3:
– Full Metal 5- Inch Body
– 139.3 mm X 69.6 mm X 8.5mm Dimensions
– 144g Weight
– 4100 mAh High Density battery
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 Octa Core ( 4 cores @1.5GHz + 4 cores @1.2GHz )
– 13 MP, 0.1s ultra-fast PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus)
– 5 MP front camera
– 16 GB ROM , 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
– Hybrid Dual Sim Support
– IR Blaster to control TV, AC
– Slot 1 : For Micro SIM Card Only
– Slot 2 : For Nano SIM Card or Micro SD Card (VFAT)
– Expandable storage up to 128 GB (VFAT) on Second Sim
– Priced at ¥699 (Rs 7000/- or $106)
Xiaomi Redmi 3 is priced at 699 Yuan (Rs 7000) with full metal 5 inch body and a high density extra large 4100 mAh battery. Redmi 3 is thinner than the previous Redmi series by 0.9mm and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 616. The phone comes with Hybrid Dual SIM slot, where you can use slot two to expand storage upto 128 GB.
Based on the current information, Redmi 3 is offered in three new colors: Stylish gold, Dark
Space gray and Silver
Redmi 3 also comes with 13 Megapixel main camera with 0.1s ultra-fast PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) and a 5 megapixel selfie camera. Redmi 3’s back features a lattice design made up of 4166 stars woven together. The design of Redmi 3 closely resembles much with the design of Apple iPhone 6/ 6s, considering Xiaomi’s love towards Apple, you shouldn’t be much surprised. Redmi 3 will be running MIUI 7 on top of Android 5.1.1. More details will be revealed tomorrow.
Redmi 3 will be first sold in China and available on mi.com from 10am onwards (12 January, 2016).